In an overgrown square compound at the end of a line of telegraph poles 50 yards west of B6043
WELDED The last telegraph pole in the line is an unusual metal one with a circular plate on the top. All surface features remain intact with the green paint flaking badly. There is damage to one side of the ventilation shaft. There are two steps, one on either side of the access shaft which was rebuilt in 1989 and a new large hatch (Torlift) fitted. The hatch is welded shut.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.