In a compound on the south side of Beckingham Road in the rear garden of Heron Hill.
OPEN. Externally the post is in fair condition with all surface features intact but there are some cracks in the concrete. Internally the post it is clean but all furniture has been removed by the present owner apart from the cupboard and table. Some wiring remains together with part of the surface post instrument consisting of a circular (about 15” diameter) outline map of the Blackwater Estuary with a metal outer rim with compass bearings marked on it. There is a mounting hole in the centre. Local ROC posts are also shown. A diagram of the instrument is shown on page 43 of Attack Warning Red. The owner Mr. Morgan has a file of papers relating to the ROC post including the original lease. When the MOD relinquished the lease they paid £100 for the posts demolition!
A brick aircraft observation building, probably dating from the war, stands nearby.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.