In the garden of ‘The Windmill’ at the junction of Cambridge Road (A10) and Ely Road. Between the windmill and the road junction.
OPEN The BPI & FSM pipes and the ventilation shaft have been removed but the access shaft with its adjacent ventilation shaft still exists although covered in ivy and difficult to see. The step is detached and the hatch, which retains a hinged locking bar, is open. Internally the post is clean and dry and free of any vandalism. Remaining artifacts include twin bunks with mattresses, one chair (broken), table, folding shelf (with replacement top), BPI mount, GPO wiring and a fuse box.
The adjacent windmill was used as the aircraft post from 1936
Opened in 1962 and closed in 1968.