Sherborne House (now private apartments) dates back to 1651 but was rebuilt between 1829-1834.
The estate, now owned by the National Trust, includes an ice house in one of the wooded areas. Unusually, there is no estate lake so ice would have been sourced from smaller local ponds and brought by horse and cart.
The Ice House dates from the mid 19th century. Outside it is built of dressed limestone with a brick arch to the entrance passage. Along this short passage is a brick-lined chamber with domed top and bottom, set partly underground. An interpretive panel has been installed outside the Ice House which is listed Grade II.