On the north side of a covered reservoir, south of an un-named minor road.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact with a two foot high concrete extension on top of the ventilation shaft adjacent o the access shaft. This is to raise the GZI because of the close proximity of the raised reservoir. The hatch is locked with an iron bar across the top and bolted to the sides. The bolts are removable. Internally there is evidence that somebody has been sleeping there recently with a sleeping bag and lots of candles and batteries. The table, shelf (detached), cupboard, twin bunks and a single bed remain. There is also a broken mirror, BPI mount (detached), siren crate and some GPO wiring and connection boxes. During Spring 2003 the above ground part of the access shaft was demolished and the shaft capped with a thick concrete slab.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.