RAF Rudloe Manor is one of many government sites in the Corsham complex. According to the RAF’s own web site Rudloe Manor is home to No. 1 and 6 Signals Units, the MoD Communications Network, Headquarters P&SS [Provost & Security Service] UK RAF P&SS Western Region, and Headquarters Defence Fixed Telecommunications Systems.
In a Parliamentary answer on 2nd July 1998, Dr. Reid said:
“RAF Rudloe Manor is an administrative establishment providing accommodation and support for a number of defence organisations. The following units are located there:
- RAF Provost and Security Services
- Security support, criminal investigations and provost operations assistance to the RAF
- Provost and Security Services (Western Region)
- Specialist police and security support to all RAF establishments within the West Midlands, the West Country and Mid Wales
- Defence Vetting Agency (RAF)
- Security clearances for RAF military and civilian personnel, and defence industry employees.
- Defence Communication Services Agency
- The Services Management Centre of the Agency, including the Primary Network Control Centre of the Defence Fixed Telecommunications Service
- Detachment of 1001 Signals Unit, RAF
- Participation in the operation of the UK military communications satellite system