On a low mound in a high fenced secure rectangular compound on the South side of Cleveland Golf Course sandwiched between the golf course and a horse riding paddock. 100 yards North of York Road.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. The top of the access shaft has been rebuilt (1989) and a new larger hatch (Torlift) fitted. The hatch and the gate to the compound are locked.
A smaller compound 30 yards to the west might have housed the aircraft post.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.