To the right of the BT Tower and behind two wooden police huts, under the smaller radio tower.
DEMOLISHED The post was demolished on 24.7.1995 Two sides of the compound fence posts are still in place on the south side of the two wooden huts. The ground is disturbed with rubble but it’s unclear if any of it comes from the post. 150 yards away to the south of the BT tower there’s a single disused telegraph pole, which may have served the post.
Opened in 1958 and closed in 1991.