On a low mound in an ‘L’ shaped compound in the north west corner of a field on the east side of the track to a reservoir. 100 yards North of un-named minor road.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact and in good condition with some flaking of the grey paint. A metal dome and aerial bracket on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. There is an overgrown access gate in the hedge by the road. The post was bought by a local policeman who wanted to preserve it as a memento of the cold war but to date no work has been done on the site. The hatch is locked and internally the post is in very good condition.
Opened in 1958 and closed in 1991.