In a circular compound in the middle of a dispersal on the former RAF Wellingore (now Heath Farm), 200 yards East of Pottergate Road and 50 yards West of perimeter track.
OPEN All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the light green paint. The hatch is open. Internally ‘41 Post’ is painted on the door. Much remains including a long table, cupboard, a corner rack of dexion shelving, three modern chairs and one original folding canvas chair, cutlery, papers, cluster map, battery box, fire blanket in its box and a home made instrument mounting consisting of a circular steel plate with compass bearings and a large hole in the centre.
The concrete base of the aircraft post is on top of an earth covered air-raid shelter nearby.
Opened in 1958 and closed in 1991.