In a square compound on the East side of Narborough Road.
LOCKED All surface features are intact with some flaking of the dark green paint. All the ventilation louvres are broken and the step is detached. The hatch is locked. Internally the following items remain: table, shelf, cupboard, battery switching box, light, BT junction box and wiring, coax cable for radio, air pipe for mast, small splint, two mattresses. There is a new chemical toilet still in its plastic wrapping. The post is due to be sold in 2003.
October 2014 Now open. Plenty of large spiders and red admiral butterflies in there. Several items removed from inside and sump full.
An Orlit A in good condition stands within the compound. The wooden door, which has its key in the lock, is not locked. The internal sliding door is still in place and opens. The wooden instrument mounting is in place. October 2014 Orlit seems to have been demolished.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.