In a small rectangular compound 80 yards North of un-named minor road.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. The hatch is locked. The landowner wishes to keep the post as a reminder of the cold war years. There is an overgrown access gate in the hedge beside the road.
A two story aircraft post of brick and concrete construction still stands at SX01834340 in the south east corner of a field. It is used as an animal shelter. The lower floor is approximately 20’ X 10’ with an entrance door in the west wall and an internal toilet recess. The upper observation area is approximately 7’ X 10’ with a 6’ X 7’ open observation area a 4’ X 7’ roofed crew room. There is no trace of the external wooden stairs. There is a bracket for a telephone insulator on one wall.
Opened in 1958 and closed in 1991.