On a mound in the North East corner of a field on top of a slag heap on the South side of Swansea Road (A4102) opposite its junction with Heol Tai Mawr.
OPEN All surface features remain intact but the top of the access shaft has been hacked badly to gain access and the hatch is wedged half open but still secured by two padlocks. The green paint is flaking badly. There is a third pipe sticking out of the ground for cable access and a small gate in the fence in the corner of the field. Internally the post is flooded to a depth of 4" and smells like a toilet. The table, shelf and cupboard remain together with the siren box, two mattresses, wiring and a metal rack for holding papers. The post is strewn with rubbish.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.