On a low mound 10 yards West of trig. station overlooking BAE Salmesbury Airfield. A millennium viewpoint pillar has been erected alongside encroaching onto the top of the post
SEALED Most surface features remain intact with some green paint remaining and some soil erosion around both shafts. The BPI pipe has gone. The louvres on the ventilation shaft adjacent to the access shaft have been removed and the holes filled with concrete. There is some damage to the main ventilation shaft. The shaft is sealed with a four foot thick stone slab which has an interpretation panel fixed to it giving a brief description of the ROC’s function with an exploded diagram of the post.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.