Luton County Borough Control opened in 1954 as a single storey surface blockhouse. In about 1958 a training centre was built on top of the control and a 3 bay garage alongside. It continued in use after the stand down of the Civil Defence Corps in 1968 and was funded by the Borough until about 1975. It was not re-used in the 1980’s when the left wing council set up very basic emergency facilities in the Town Hall. The training centre became a teachers resources centre but is now closed and the site is derelict.
UPDATE: This building has now been demolished.