Situated under a green patch in Poole town centre, lays a disused WW2 relic not many know about and yet walk over everyday.
The bunker has three sections, two of which look to be seating areas and the third was a mixture of seating with toilets and sinks. It is not known how many times the bunker was used or for how long.
There were two entrances to the bunker with stair ways at either end. It is now capped with concrete from above.
The bunker was originally a water reservoir later but converted into a shelter in 1940 and which served a school.
Half of the green collapsed in the 90s and was filled in but surprising enough it seems the collapse didn’t affect the bunker.