On a low mound at the end of a line of telegraph poles. Within a builders compound on a small area of public open ground on a small housing estate.
SEALED All surface features remain intact but in poor condition. The top of the ventilation shaft is damaged and the ventilation louvres are missing. Most of the green paint has gone. The hatch is missing and a metal sheet has been bolted in place over the shaft to stop local children getting in. Although this was not a master post a metal framework stands within the compound with part of a mast protruding from it. The post survived the 68 reorganisation but was closed in a local reorganisation of posts in 1981. The local council planned to demolish the post in 1999 but were prevented from doing so by some residents who thought it should be made safe and tidied up with a seat placed on the site. It’s future is still undecided.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1981.