On hilltop 250 yards south east from Wellhouse Road. A single disused telegraph pole stands nearby.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact with the green paint flaking badly. A metal dome and aerial mast clamp on the ventilation shaft and three guying points indicates this was a master post. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a Scottish ‘T’ bar key. There are steps on two adjacent sides of the access shaft. Internally the post is clean and tidy with many items remain in place including twin bunks with mattresses, cupboard, shelf, light, wiring, small splint, FSM pipe gaskets, BT junction boxes, note pads, aerial dome key, aerial pump and piping, crockery, cutlery, BPI mount, light, Dexion shelf, a home made practice maroon launcher, rubber gloves, dustpan, rope and a lot of papers some indicating it was a ROCMET post with tables and weather posters etc. There has been some minor vandalism, names have been scratched into the wall insulation and a small fire has been started with paper on the main table, though this has caused no damage whatsoever. There is a wide shelf above the monitoring room door and a Dexion table next to the battery position. There is also a shelf in the toilet recess.
An Orlit A stands three metres away with its wooden instrument table still intact.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.