This site is open to the public.
One of England’s oldest show caves, first opened in 1812. It is a mixture of lead mine and natural caves. Originally known as Nestor Mine it had extensive reconstruction and development work and was then named the Great Rutland Cavern, after the Duke of Rutland who lived nearby. It is part of the Heights of Abraham estate.