15 yards into a pastoral field on the North side of a lay-by formed from the old alignment of the A518
LOCKED There is an access gate in the fence alongside the lay-by. All surface features are in place but the ventilation shaft is severely damaged and is now cut down to half its original height with the louvres lying in the rubble. The BPI pipe is bent over and flat against the ground. The access shaft with its khaki paint is in good condition. The hatch is locked.
Opened in 1958 and closed in 1991.