In a square compound on the East side of Chalk Pit Road.
LOCKED This post has been well preserved and the compound well maintained. All surface features remain intact. The hatch is locked with an extra metal plate for added security. The post has been fully restored to operational condition by Stephen Marsh who opens it to the public on three afternoons each year. For security reasons the post was stripped of all artefacts except furniture, after each open day. On open days all the equipment, tool, utensils etc. that would have been found in an operational post will be in place with information sheets describing the function of each item
An Orlit A stands within the compound. It has been fully restored and is in excellent condition. The door is open.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.