Adjacent to road on the south side of B9010, 50 yards from the ruins of an old castle (in the same field). Opposite entrance to a farm.
OPEN All surface features remain intact. The original bar retains the hatch, but it is not locked. This is one of very few posts closed in 1968 that still survive in Scotland. It is in remarkably good condition with its ventilation louvers intact and a little cream paint remaining. Internally the post is clean and dry with the folding table, shelf and cupboard still in place. Other artifacts include the BPI mount, GPO junction boxes and wiring and a framed certificate dated August 15th 1942 ‘Highland Targe won by Post B3. James McDonald, William Masson, David McKenzie, John McAlpine and William Cameron. Although this certificate belongs in a museum, the owner was not prepared to part with it. There were also a number of hand drawn and coloured pictures of aircraft.
A ruined building in the same field probably has no connection.
Opened in 1962 and closed in 1968.