On high point on pastoral land 100 yards West of un-named minor road.
LOCKED The only remains of the compound fencing are two wooden gate posts. All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the dark green paint. The ventilation shaft and FSM pipes are on raised brick plinths. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a ’T’ bar key. Internally the post is clean with white polystyrene tiled walls. Carpet tiles have been taken up and left in a pile. All internal woodwork has been painted pink! The folding table, shelf and cupboard remain together with an enamel bucket, pick axe, broom, spade, two pairs of wellington boots, fire blanket box, wiring and an old style GPO headset. Their is also a hand painted sign relating to 15 Group HQ at Derby. (15 Group HQ was at ‘Highfields’, the Broadway, Derby from 1942 - 1961 when the new protected HQ was opened at Fiskerton. Derby was retained as a secondary training centre until 1968)
A brick aircraft observation post stands nearby. It is rectangular and divided into two rooms. There is a blast proof entrance on the South side with steps leading to an open roofed room 7’ X 7’. There are remains of wooden seats across the East corners with a triangular section of wooden roof above one of the seats. Steps lead down to the smaller room (7’ X 4’) which has a slightly sloping roof.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.