On a low mound beside cellphone mast. 80 yards north of Ballyclough Road.
OPEN All surface features remain intact although the ventilation louvers are missing. The hatch is open but detached and the ladder is missing. Access was gained using an electron caving ladder. Internally the post is strewn with rubbish and rubble. The cupboard remains in place with its doors detached. The BPI mount is detached and some wiring remains in place. Two ventilation louvers lie on the floor.
An aircraft post on stilts stands alongside. It is of brick construction and is approximately 10’ X 6’ with a 6’ X 4’ crew room with a gently sloping roof (removed) and a 6’ X 6’ open observation area. There are some bricks missing from two walls and a disused telegraph pole alongside.
Opened in 1957 and closed in 1968.