On top of Nut hill
OPEN The land was purchased by the Woodland Trust in 1999 and opened to the public. At the end of 1999 the ventilation shaft FSM and BPI were removed and capped. The access shaft remains but the hatch was welded shut. There is some damage to the top of the adjacent ventilation shaft and its louvers are missing. Shortly after being welded the hatch was forced open and remains open. It is detached but is held in place with a chain. Internally the post is smoke damaged and strewn with rubbish and rubble. There are also several inches of water on the floor.
There is an unusual 5-sided WW2 pillbox nearby. There is a rectangular open extension for an LAA gun on one side.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1970.