On a mound at the end of a line of telegraph poles on the western edge of a deep railway cutting, 100 yards north of a public footpath running west from Quarry Place.
SEALED All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the light green paint. The top of the access shaft was rebuilt in 1990 (date on concrete) and a new larger hatch fitted. This hatch is now detached but the shaft has been filled with rubble and a concrete plug and a further concrete slab has been cast on top of the hatch. The position of the surface features indicate that the construction is back to front.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.