In a square compound (with anti climb paint) on the East side of Wykeham Lane 100 yards North of the private road to Bedale Grange.
LOCKED The post has been superbly restored externally with all surface features intact and painted green. The hatch is securely locked. The FSM pipe dome is in place. There are two telegraph poles which appear to have new lines so it is assumed that the telephone service has been restored.
A brick aircraft post, also painted green stands within the compound. It is approximately 10’ by 10’ with a blast protected entrance leading to a raised aircraft observation area with an octagonal opening in the concrete roof. This opening still retains its wooden surrounds. There is a metal column for the instrument table with the instrument mount in place on top of it. The open section has a plastic corrugated sheet bolted over it. There is a crew room alongside. The telephone line goes into this building. The building is securely locked.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.