On South side of track 200 yards East from ‘Harrison’s Barn’ on North Street
OPEN All surface features remain intact with the green and red paint flaking badly. The compound fencing has gone but there is still a gate in the hedge. The FSM pipe has been bent over by vandals and the hatch and top of the access shaft is badly damaged. The hatch is locked and can be opened with a ’T’ bar key but as the hatch frame is partly detached it can be lifted and the hatch unlocked without the key. Internally the post has been badly vandalised and is rubbish strewn. Remaining furniture includes the cupboard, folding shelf and table, a second cupboard with two drawers, a long seat (from an ambulance), bed frame, two chairs and dexion shelving. There is also a battery box, fork, dustpan, utensils, light and wiring with polystyrene tiles on the ceiling and floor tiles on the walls.
A brick building alongside the farm track to the West (SE93241896) was a home guard store during the war and was later also used by the ROC as a store.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.