In a small rectangular compound on the west side of a field boundary beside trig station and just north of a radio mast. 100 yards north of Rowhorne Road
OPEN All surface features remain intact with much green paint remaining but the hatch and step are detached. The ventilations louvres on the shaft adjacent to the access shaft have been replaced with metal plates. There is an 18-inch extension to the shaft with the GZI mounting on top. Unusually for an early closure the ventilation shaft has metal louvres. The original locking bar is till in place but it has been bent upwards to gain entry. Internally the monitoring room door is detached and there is some graffiti on the walls. Remaining artefacts include the table, shelf, cupboard, battery box and some GPO wiring and junction boxes. One ventilation louvres is lying on the floor in the toilet.
A second, overground compound lies a few yards to the north. This probably housed the aircraft post of which nothing now remains.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968, reopened and finally closed in 1991.