On top of a prominent red shale spoil heap 100 yards west of B7008.
OPEN All surface features remain intact although the top of the ventilation shaft has broken off and the concrete around the reinforcing rods to the side of the ventilation louvres (which are still in place) has also gone. A metal dome and aerial bracket on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. The green paint is flaking and the hatch is detached and resting in place. Internally the post is a mess with papers and items from the post strewn over the floor. Much however remains including the table, shelf, cupboard, twin bunks (partly dismantled), storage trunk, five wooden wall mounted shelves, lockable file index cabinet, two chairs, BT junction boxes and wiring, BPI mount, home made practice maroon launcher, copper earth straps around the walls, large splint, part of the aerial mast (in the shaft - the mast was not the standard design but was a one piece mast as their was line of sight view with Group HQ), wooden shelves in the toilet, poster of the Queen, wire brush, two brooms, plastic basin, dustpan/brush, mirror, crockery, kettle and various papers. Three sides of the wooden fencing of the small rectangular compound remain in place but the forth side has collapsed as the land around the post is badly eroded and partly deliberately removed. There is a depression in the centre of the compound above the monitoring room.
16 March 2014 - The monitoring room has been literally ripped out of the ground in one piece and now lies almost upside down on the shale heap. The area is strewn with concrete debris from the post.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.