This tunnel complex was originally constructed by the Germans for rations but later used for munition storage. It is now on land owned by the water board and used in part for secure storage. The main passage describes a complete loop and side passages which run across the loop are still laid with 60cm railway tracks.
The legend ‘Deutsche Asphalt 1944’ is still legible in part of one of the concrete walls. The emergency exit is blocked and some of the side passages are inaccessible due to dumped material.