30 yards east of Yorkbridge Road
OPEN Much of the mound has been removed leaving the two shafts standing on 9 course of bricks. The ventilation shaft is partly demolished and the BPI pipe has been removed. Some green paint is still visible. The louvres on the ventilation shaft adjacent to the access shaft are still in place although damaged. The hatch is partly detached. Internally the following artifacts remain: table, shelf, cupboard, twin bunks, single bed, GPO junction boxes/wiring and the BPI mount (detached). The site has been used to sum farm waste, old tyres and rubble.
An Orlit B in good condition stands nearby. It’s external wooden door is intact but broken. The Orlit is surrounded by wooden frames that are tied to it.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.