At the apex of a pastoral field, 500 yards North of Lodge Farm and Shilton Road.
OPEN Only the access shaft with its adjacent ventilation shaft remains with some erosion around the base. The louvres are missing as is the counterbalance weight from the hatch which is open. The shaft is filled, almost to the top with soil and rubble. The farmer has knocked a hole in the roof of the monitoring room which has also been completely filled with soil and rubble. He is considering removing all the rubble and restoring the post.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.