On a low mound at the end of a line of telegraph poles 150 yards north of Hill Top Road on the edge of a small quarry. Accessed from a footpath running north from the back of the cricket green behind houses on Hill Top Road.
SEALED All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. The access shaft has been rebuilt and a new larger hatch (Torlift) fitted. Lining the top with concrete blocks to a height of one foot and filling with rubble between them has now sealed the shaft. The blocks have been rendered to give the appearance of solid concrete.
Opened in 1958 and closed in 1991.