Temple Lead Mine is a small mine situated in the western bank of Rheidol Gorge just north of Parson’s Bridge. It is named after three large standing stones, locally believed to have been the site of a Druid Temple. The mine commenced in 1876 and production peaked in 1881.
On the surface are the remains of wheelpits, a winder and dressing floors, on two distinct rock-cut levels. The water wheels were fed by a 2km long leat. The mine itself was worked through three adits driven westward. The mine was largely defunct by 1900.