On a raised grassy mound on the south side of Ankerville Street, 100 yards east of a railway bridge. It is fenced on three sides with a small lay by the roadside.
OPEN All surface features remain intact with the green paint in good condition with a little peeling. The hatch is locked (2001). When visited in 2001 the hatch was locked, it is now open and the ventilation louvres have been removed. Internally the post is a mess with rubbish and ROC papers strewn all over the floor. The following artefacts remain: table & shelf replaced by a single unit with drawers, cupboard, BPI baffle plates, two chairs, three mattresses, various papers and ROC magazines, Tele-talk (broken) and a cluster map, battery box and a low table.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.