In a rectangular compound East of a covered reservoir on the North side of an access track/public footpath to Mill House, 200 yards East of Sutton Road (B664)
LOCKED The post is on a mound with concrete steps. All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the light green paint. The access shaft has been rebuilt (1989) and a new larger hatch (Torlift) fitted. The old hatch and counter balance lies in the undergrowth nearby. The hatch is locked but can be open with a Torlift key or a large screwdriver. There is a third pipe (probably for the telephone line) sticking out of the ground on the opposite side to the BPI pipe. Internally much remains including table, shelf, cupboard, 3 chairs, one pair of wellington boots, broom, cleaning materials, utensils, BT connection boxes, wiring, light, papers, notices, fire blanket box, two battery boxes and a rack of wooden shelves.
A two storey brick aircraft observation post stands within the compound. It is 10' by 6' with a window facing North and an open doorway facing South. There is an open section for the post instrument on the upper floor but no access to it as the external wooden steps have gone. There are two original wooden bunks in the lower room.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.