On the east side of an un-named minor road, 50 yards south of it’s junction with the B9170
DEMOLISHED New housing stands close by and a large amount of soil and rubble has been dumped on what must have been the site of the post. It is unclear if the post was demolished or whether it has been buried. One side of the compound fence survives.
An aircraft post on stilts stood in the south west corner of the compound when visited in 2001. The road has been slightly realigned to within a few inches of it. The building is approximately 7’ X 5’ and constructed from concrete blocks the size of breezeblocks. The small 2 ‘ X 5’ crew room had a sloping metal roof. The building was raised 7’ off the ground on concrete pillars. There was a disused telegraph pole nearby. The building was demolished in mid September 2002.
Opened in 1958 and closed in 1968.