On the North side of Hollow Way 150 yards South of Napton Windmill, alongside a commemorative seat.
DEMOLISHED The only evidence of the post is the fencing, including the gate opening, along one side of the compound alongside the road. There is a seat alongside with a commemorative plaque which reads ‘This seat and tree is close to the site of the Observer Post that witnessed the many nights of the Coventry blitz. As a mark of remembrance the rowan tree was planted on the 50th anniversary of the blitz. While sitting on this seat made from Shukburgh grown timber please take time to reflect on the freedom we have today. The support of this country in its desperate hours by such people as the Royal Observer Corps, the Home Guard, the Women’s land army and all those in agriculture and horticulture who protected and fed the Nation is not always so easily remembered’.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.