100 yards west of an unnamed minor road and north of a field boundary.
LOCKED All surface features are intact although one ventilation louvre is detached. The khaki paint is flaking badly. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. When visited in 2002 the hatch was secured with a steel bar but the nuts holding it in place were only finger tight and it could be easily removed. This hatch has now been locked with two padlocks and a chain. The GZI has an unusually high mounting with a 30" concrete extension on top of the ventilation shaft adjacent to the access shaft, there is a separate set of 4 steps for access to it. One side of the compound fencing, including the gate remains. The rest of the fencing and fence posts lie in a pile on top of the post. Internally the post is in good condition with much remaining include the table, shelf, cupboard and twin beds. There is a second small cupboard alongside and a long narrow shelf above the table. Other artifacts includes light, mirror, copper earth straps, radio shelf, 2 ropes, two waste bins, local 1" OS map, small local cluster map, 3 cushions, washing bowl, teapot, FSM blanking plate, dome key, papers, crockery, small splint FSM mount, battery box, dustpan/brush, broom and wiring. Most of the compound fencing posts have been removed by the farmer and stacked in the middle of the post site allowing cultivation of the compound. The post was sold in 2003.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.