On a rubble mound in a wooded rectangular compound on the West side of a public footpath, 15 yards South of Haverback Tank (reservoir) and 600 yards North of un-named minor road.
All surface features remain intact with much of the green paint still in place. The FSM pipe stands on a concrete plinth and the ventilation louvres are missing. The hatch is open. Internally twin bunks, a single bed and the cupboard remain in place. The table is detached and there is some wiring and a light switch. The floor is strewn with rubble and there is some graffiti. 08.01.13: Lewis Brownlow reports the hatch is welded shut. Also the observation post is now boarded up and the top has sheetmetal bolted over it.
A brick built aircraft post dating from 1938 stands in its own compound on the West side of Haverback Tank. A long line of telegraph poles with the line still in place ends at the South East corner of the compound. The post is of brick construction and is approximately 10' X 7'. Six steps inside blast walls lead up to the raised observation platform which is in a 7' X 7' room with a hexagonal opening in the concrete roof. A metal column stands in the middle of the platform, this would have been for mounting the post instrument. Two steps lead down into the 3' X 7' crew room which has a sloping concrete roof.
Opened in 1965 and closed in 1968.