In a square compound on a gorsey hilltop at the end of a line of telegraph poles, 150 yards south of the A836. The post overlooks a football pitch top the north.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact with the original locking bar in place. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. There is one ventilation louvre missing and the lime green paint is flaking badly. The baffle plates are still in place on top of the BPI pipe. The hatch is locked. Internally the post is clean and tidy and free of vandalism and there are signs it may have been lived in recently. Much remains including battery box with original batteries, broken telecomms equipment, old style ‘Tele-Talk’, clock, radio, tapes, twin bunks (top one ready for sleeping in), mess tins, small supply of food, kitchen utensils, overalls, visitors log, history of ROC, poster of ‘roundels of the world’, ‘emergency action’ satchel, wiring, toilet rolls and a cargo net containing a supply of bottled water, table, shelf, cupboard.
The base of an aircraft post is visible outside the compound.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.