This underground refuge was discovered in 1950 near the crossroads at Le Quellay after a cow put its hoof through one of the chambers. It consists of six rooms connected by low corridors equipped with ventilation holes to the surface. There are narrow benches, niches for lamps and a silo for storage. The final room can only be reached via a flat-out crawl.
It is presumed to date back to mediaeval times when it would have served as a refuge for the farm and village above. The entrance room originally had graffiti of a mitred figure with a sword and bag but this has now been lost to frost damage.