On the South side of the wall around the old lighthouse, in Lighthouse Close.
DEMOLISHED. No trace of anything, although the shape of the two shafts can be seen when the grass dries out in the summer.
The lighthouse was used for aircraft observation from 1934. To avoid the crew members having to walk through the lighthouse living quarters a new door was installed in the outer wall. Several courses of bricks were added to the top of the tower for added protection.
Opened in 1957 and closed in 1968.