At the NW side of the junction of Broadway and a farm track/public footpath to Ridley Wood. There is one disused telegraph pole alongside the road.
LOCKED. Externally in good condition with all surface features intact including the paint. Unusually there is no overlapping top on the ventilation shaft adjacent to the access shaft. The GZI mounting is on the ventilation shaft at the opposite end. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a ‘T’ bar key although the lock is very worn and there is little for the key to catch on to. Internally the post is clean and dry with many artifacts remaining including table (with cut out for FSM), shelf, cupboard, battery table, 2 large mattresses, lots of papers, post dairy, war diary (empty), weather vane for reading wind direction, large Essex cluster map, several aircraft posters, pots and pans, wooden box full of cutlery and crockery, wire brush, cleaning materials, BT boxes and wiring, two lights (one at the bottom of shaft). BPI mount (detached), crowbar, mirror, dustpan, waste bin, bucket, broom, spade, small splint, thermometer, baffle plates for BPI, gaskets for FSM probe cover and rope. There is a hand drawn poster which reads “ROC 20 years loyal service down the drain because of the prattish Tory government defence cuts. Up your plus a picture of a hand giving a ‘V’ sign.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.