On a slight rise in the middle of a field at the top of Blaikie’s Hill. It’s a steep climb from a single track road leading to Langlee Mains, just off the B6374.
SEALED. The post has been sealed with a concrete slab. There are traces of green paint left on the shaft top and the concrete surrounding it is cracked. The louvres have been removed and lie scattered around on the surface. The top of the ventilation shaft has come off and lies beside the shaft. The FSM pipe is capped and still in place. There is no evidence of any fencing around the post. The fields surrounding the post have electric fences around them, do be careful!
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.