On a low mound in a rectangular compound, 150 yards north west from a right angle bend in an access road running north from Climpy Road (B715).
LOCKED All surface features remain intact with the green paint flaking. The original padlock hasps on the hatch have been removed and two heavy duty hasps fitted to replace them. A metal dome and aerial bracket on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. The louvres on the ventilation shaft adjacent to the access shaft have been replaced with very short metal louvres and the remaining section of the holes have been blocked with concrete. The concrete apron around the access shaft is cracked. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a Scottish ‘T’ bar key. Internally the original wooden furniture has goon and has been replaced by two cupboards with a long table across the top of them. Other artifacts include a corner shelf above the battery position, 12 plastic Jerry cans, WB1401 carrier receiver with WB1410 filter unit, BT junction boxes and wiring, hose pipe for pump up aerial and floor mounted bracket for pump, two lights (one at bottom of shaft), battery box and a bracket for storing the aerial mast attached to the ladder. The post is damp some of the polystyrene tiles peeling. There is one disused telegraph pole nearby. THIS POST IS PRIVATE PROPERTY AND SHOULD NOT BE VISITED WITHOUT PERMISSION
An Orlit B stood on an outcrop nearby. The base of two legs remain and the concrete platform for supporting the ladder.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.