In a low fenced square compound in the sand dunes close to the north west corner of a car park close to the sea.
LOCKED Although the compound fencing is low there is an elaborate set of steps (6 each side) with a handrail for access. All surface features are intact with some flaking of the brown/green paint. The concrete apron stretches towards the ventilation shaft and close to the access shaft there are three locating rods, two of them threaded but it is unclear what was mounted here. There are no padlocks but the hatch internally and can be opened with a Scottish ‘T’ bar key. Inside much remains including the folding table, shelf, cupboard, BPI mount, FSM mount, 3 canvas chairs, WB1401 carrier receiver with WB1410 filter unit, Tele-talk, BT junction boxes and wiring, two cluster maps, 6 notice boards (one of which opens for a dart board (missing), small splint, posters, notices, many papers, waste bin, crowbar, rope, numerous mirrors on the wall and ceiling around the light, fuse box and wiring, two lights and switches, broom and a high shelf around three of the toilet.
In late 2005 a planning application for a house and garage on the site was refused.
When inspected in June 2007 the hatch had been forced off and is now lying on the grass. Internally the post has been wrecked and the remaining ROC equipment and most of the other artefacts have been stolen.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.