On a low mound in a rectangular compound at the end of a line of telegraph poles on the west side of a field boundary. 60 yards west of an un-named minor road.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. The hatch is locked but there are no padlocks and it can be opened with a Scottish ’T’ bar key. Internally much remains including the cupboard, two corner wall shelves, WB1401 carrier receiver and WB1410 filter unit, Tele-talk, local cluster map, candle holder, mirror, light, BT junction boxes and wiring, visitors log, floor standing rack of wooden shelves and some papers.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.