On a mound in a square compound 20 yards south of an un-named minor road at the end of a line of telegraph poles.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact but the dark green paint is peeling and the louvers on the ventilation shaft adjacent to the access shaft are missing. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft and guying points indicates this was a master post. The hatch is bent due to vandalism but is still locked; it can be opened with a Scottish ’T’ bar key. Internally the post is a mess and has suffered from severe fire damage. Many items remain however including the standard issue cupboard and two other cupboards, WB1401 speech receiver with WB1410 filter unit (detached and fire damaged), Tele-Talk (broken in half), BT connection boxes (detached and fire damaged) and wiring, a non standard folding table, petrol can, copper earth straps, kettle and plastic chair. Everything is smoke and heat damaged. A disused telegraph pole stands within the compound with another by the roadside.
A collapsed Orlit A lies beside the compound. A large number of buildings from the former WW2 airfield adjacent to the B9166 survive although many are in a dangerous condition.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.